The best routes to travel by boat from Alicante
The Mediterranean hides unique corners of extraordinary beauty. From Alicante, you can travel by boat throughout the coastal area to discover landscapes full of life. Places where gastronomy, beaches and people invite you to stay forever. The boat trip along the coast can take you to many places with rented sailboats. Thanks to companies like Disfruta Mediterráneo, an unforgettable getaway with friends and family is more within reach than ever. You can rent a boat, a yacht or a catamaran to travel by boat. You can even do it in Goleta, a very special classic vessel.
These are some coastal routes and towns that we recommend you to travel by boat:
- Torrevieja: To the south of the city of Alicante is one of the most important coastal towns of the province. Home to a multitude of different nationalities and cultures, summers in Torrevieja are simply unforgettable. Beaches of fine sand, gastronomy, an electrifying nightlife… Torrevieja has it all for you to spend a fun getaway with your friends. Its port is one of the most important in the area if you want to travel by boat.
- Altea y Denia: Beautiful cities like no other, typical Mediterranean. Altea has an historical city center considered as one of the most beautiful you can witness, and its coast is full of impressive coves. It is a perfect area for water sports such as snorkeling, diving or fishing. In its port you will find the perfect mooring to spend some wonderful days. If you continue to travel by boat to the north, in Denia you will find one of the best gastronomy of Alicante. You have to try the red prawns! Enjoy a good rice to band and a walk for its wonderful beaches and coves. The perfect getaway!
- Barcelona: From Alicante you can travel by sailboat to the great city of Barcelona. The most important port in Spain welcomes every summer sailing boats from all over the world. Nobody wants to miss the culture, beauty and history of Barcelona. If you spend a few days there, there are a thousand things to see and do: the Sagrada Familia, Gaudí’s architectural works, its long sandy beaches, its historic center …
- Ibiza y Formentera: The Balearic Islands are very close to Alicante. In a couple of hours you can enjoy one of the most lively and bustling areas in summer. Lose yourself in its coves, its small coastal villages, and above all, let yourself be enveloped by the nightlife of these two wonderful islands.
- Mallorca: Imagine arriving with your sailboat to one of the hidden coves of Mallorca, anchoring and enjoying a unique landscape in the world. You can make it happen! From there to Menorca there is also very little distance and you can witness mesmerizing beaches to make a perfect trip.
- Gandía: Is another of the most visited cities of the Mediterranean in the summer. Its beaches are well known, as well as its promenade and its gastronomy. It is also very close to Alicante and its port is easily accessible for boats. Gandia is a coastal city that in summer turns into the capital of enjoyment
And if you are going to visit Alicante during the week of the departure of the Volvo Ocean Race from the city, you can also rent your boat. Imagine following the competition from the sea, in the front row? Do not waste time and reserve your boat for the week of October 22, 2017. And also close your reservation in Be Alicante! Enjoy your summer in the capital of Costa Blanca.