How to get to Alicante from the airport
- Bus: The access by bus to the aiport, both to arrive and to depart, is made by means of diverse lines that have stop in the passenger terminal. It is on the P2 floor of the airport, called the Vidas de Salidas. From there you can take the C6 Alicante-Airport Line, also called Aerobús. The nearest stop to our accommodations is ‘Plaza Puerta del Mar’, which is only 2 minutes away by walk. If our idea is to visit another point of the province, there are other bus lines that can take you directly to the towns of Torrellano, Elche, Benidorm, Calpe, Santa Pola, Guardamar and Torrevieja, and also to Murcia. The cost of a single ticket is 3,85 euros and the journey to Alicante takes about 30 minutes. The frequency of departure is 20 mionutes and its route is the following:
- Taxi: Unlike other kinds of public transports, the service offered by taxis is a door-to-door service. Thus, it allows shorter and more confortable journey mainly in urban areas. The company in charge of the taxi service of the airport is ‘Radios Taxi Elche’, and it has two stops at the terminal:
- If you need to take a taxi from the airport, you must go to the pick-up point for passengers. It is located on the Floor P0, in the Arrivals terminal.
- If you’re arriving to the airport from the city, the taxi will leave you at the drop-off point. It is located on the Floor P2, at the Departures terminal.
Private transport: Unlike the public transport, this is not subject to routes. That is, you can choose the more convenient route to get to your destiny. Moreover, it does not depend so much on the schedules, for it is available the entire day or almost 24 hour.
- Rent a car: At the Alicante Airport there are nine rent a car companies and all of them have offices on the Ground Floor P0, at the Arrivals terminal. All the companies have a large fleet. You can choose the car that suits you best for the kind of trip and how much time you need. And once your holidays are over, you can return the vehicle to the delivery point you prefer. If you have rented a car in another office that is not the one in the aiport, you can also return it at the terminal before you take your flight back home.
- Your own car: The GPS coordinates of the airport are the following: Latitude: 38 ° 17’15.15 “North, Longitude: 0 ° 33’11.00″ West (38.2875308, -0.5530572). The airport has very good and fast access and its strategic location allows easy access to the main tourist destinations. From there, you can reach Benidorm, Calpe, Denia, Jávea, Torrevieja, Elche, La Manga del Mar Menor, Orihuela, Murcia or Cartagena. Also to the main agricultural and industrial points like Novelda, Alcoy, Elda-Petrel, Ibi, Villena or Albacete.